We are happy to announce one PhD position in Computer Science with specialization in Computational Linguistics at Gavagai in Stockholm, Sweden (with formal affiliation to Linnaeus University, Växjö, Sweden).
Application deadline: 15 March, 2013.
The position entails graduate studies and research in Computer Science with specialization in Computational Linguistics, with a doctoral degree as the goal. The PhD thesis should be completed and defended within the official appointment duration of four years. The position is part of the StaViCTA project on advances in the description and explanation of stance in discourse using visual and computational text analytics (http://cs.lnu.se/stavicta/). The PhD student will be expected to collaborate closely with the other project members in an interdisciplinary research environment. The position is a salaried employment (starting salary is about 23,000 SEK before taxes (around 30%)) with the right to social benefits and paid vacations. The position is located at Gavagai in Stockholm, Sweden, with formal affiliation to Linnaeus University, Växjö, Sweden.
- Master´s degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or the equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge in machine learning/data mining.
- Excellent knowledge in natural language processing.
- Excellent programming skills (e.g. Java, Python).
- Solid training in mathematics and statistics.
- Experience with deep learning algorithms.
- Knowledge of linguistics and semantics.
- Excellent command of English.
- Teamwork experience.